I proofread transcripts electronically in PDF and make corrections directly on the page.
- This method is efficient, cost-effective, and environmentally friendly
- Allows you to clearly see exactly where a correction is needed
- If you like, I can recommend a free and easy-to-use PDF conversion software and will gladly assist you with installation!
- Requires that you have the latest version of Adobe Reader so that all corrections will be visible
Never tried the PDF method before? Feeling skeptical about it? Then take a “test-drive”!
Contact me right now for details!!
After proofing your transcript, I send back to you only those pages that have corrections.
- Saves you the time of having to flip through the entire transcript!
I reference trusted sources while always being mindful of your preferences.
- When making corrections, I’m prepared to back them up by citing sources like Margie Wakeman Wells’ Court Reporting: Bad Grammar/Good Punctuation, Morson’s English Guide for Court Reporters, The Gregg Reference Manual (10th ed.), and Merriam-Webster.
- At the same time, it’s important to me that you feel you’re getting a personalized experience. To make sure your preferences are honored, I will offer you the opportunity to complete a Reporter’s Preference Sheet. This will give me valuable information about how you like to do things (and how you don’t) so that your transcripts will always reflect your personal style.
I work with you to meet your deadlines.
- Whether you need your proofed transcript back within one week or within one day, you can feel confident knowing you’ll receive an impeccable product precisely when you need it, if not sooner!!